Saturday, April 20, 2013

Flourless Chocolate Cake

So it's been a while since I updated my blog.  I have been extremely busy lately.  I've been helping out a roller derby league for a number of months now, and I finally started skating with them.  Well, not technically with them because I'm training to become a referee, so I'm skating with the other men and women who are also refs or refs-in-training.  That being said, I've been skating a lot.  It's a great work out and I'm actually comfortable enough on my skates these days to even practice jumping in them.  Not that I want to!  However, that's one thing I will have to do to pass the physical test. 

This recipe I found on allrecipes.com, and I was originally making it for a Passover post, but since Passover is long gone, it's just a flourless chocolate cake.  It was extremely rich, and only a small piece will fill you up.  It was also extremely easy to make. 

Here's what you'll need:
  • 4-1 ounce squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.  Grease an 8 inch round cake pan, and dust with cocoa powder. 

In the top of a double boiler over lightly simmering water, melt chocolate and butter.  Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, cocoa powder, eggs, and vanilla.  Pour into prepared pan.
 Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.  Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack and cool completely. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment