I also found out some news, a lot of my family might have a gluten intolerance. My cousin found out her son has Celiac's and my mom has Crohn's, which is a close relative to Celiac's. A good portion of my mom's side of the family has had stomach problems, and just passing it off as, "well, it runs in the family..." So now that I have found out this not-so-surprising news, I'm going to try and go gluten free for a month to see how I feel. I usually thought it was the milk in the cheese from pasta, so I would always avoid anything with too much cheese in it at Italian restaurants or big gatherings. We shall see the results of this experiment. Sorry for rambling, now onto the recipe.
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 3/4 cups Bob's Red Mill All-Purpose Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- 1 cup vegan sugar
- 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Oats
- 1/4 cup ground flax meal
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup melted refined coconut oil or canola oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup raisins
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, oats, flax meal, cinnamon, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt.