Monday, March 11, 2013

Fruit Crisp

This recipe also comes from my Everyday Happy Herbivore cookbook.  I was looking for something warm to eat for breakfast on Saturday and since I'm watching my weight, I didn't want to eat too much, so pancakes and waffles were out.  This recipe was small, healthy, and delicious.  I think it would make a great snack and dessert too, especially with vanilla ice cream on top...mmmm! 

Something to remember before I give you the recipe, raspberries become very watery in the oven.  I completely forgot this happens, but I wanted more than one berry in it.  Maybe next time I'll add blackberries.  Do those become watery in the oven?

Anyway, here you go:
  • 12 oz. frozen blueberries 
  • 2 tablespoons raw sugar (optional, I didn't need it)
  • 2/3 cup rolled oats
  • 1/3 cup whole-wheat or oat flour (I used whole wheat)
  • 5 tablespoons agave nectar (I used a light colored one)
  • cinnamon to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place blueberries in a 10-inch baking dish, sprinkle with sugar if desired, set aside.
In a mixing bowl, whisk oats, and flour together, then add agave nectar 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring after each addition, until the mixture crumbles.  Place crumbs over blueberries and sprinkle generously with cinnamon.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the top is crisp and the fruit soft. 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment