Monday, July 23, 2012

Cinnamon Graham Cracker Ice Cream

So I tried to use my ice cream maker last week and I should have read the directions because I did not get to use it at that time.  So the next time I make ice cream I will now know not to put the ingredients in before I put the part that actually churns the ice cream.  I thought this ice cream turned out well with out the ice cream maker so if you don't have one, don't worry.

You'll need:
1 3/4 cups heavy cream
12 oz. non-fat plain Greek yogurt (or any plain vanilla yogurt would work too)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 tablespoons honey
4 tablespoons maple syrup
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 large rectangular graham crackers, broken into pieces
2 1.4-oz. bars chocolate-covered toffee, broken into small bits

Beat the heavy cream in a large bowl until thick (2-3 minutes).

Fold in yogurt, vanilla, honey, maple syrup, and cinnamon.

Pour into ice cream maker, and add remaining ingredients a couple minutes before the ice cream is fully thickened.  Pour into a 1 1/2-quart freezer-safe bowl with a lid and chill until hardened.

Or you can put the original mixture in a freezer-safe bowl and freeze for 2 hours.  Stir the mixture and add the graham crackers and toffee bits.  Continue to stir it every 2 hours, for up to 6 hours.  Then chill until hardened.

Then eat and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment