Monday, February 18, 2013

Raisin Cinnamon Oatmeal

 This was my breakfast this morning.  I haven't eaten oatmeal since I was a little kid, and back then it was the junky instant stuff from a tiny package.  Today was the grown-up version of my favorite flavor from back then, raisin cinnamon.  I didn't take any pictures because I wasn't thinking of posting this, but since it turned out so well, I decided to.

What you'll need:
1/2 cup rolled oats (no added sugar and no added flavor)
dash of salt
1 cup unsweetened soy milk
1/4 cup raisins
1 package of flaxseed from Carrington Farms' Organic Flax Paks Milled Flax Seeds
1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon (I used Penzeys' because it is the best cinnamon out there, in my opinion.)

Bring the soy milk and tiny bit of salt to a boil.  Lower the heat and add oats.  Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally.  Transfer to a bowl and stir in flaxseed meal and raisins.  Add the cinnamon and stir once more.  Eat and enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I love oatmeal. I usually just eat mine with a swirl of maple syrup - I'll have to try this some time! Maybe I'll recommend it to Jeff, too - he's a big raisin fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flax seeds give it a nutty flavor, and the raisins make it sweet, and I love cinnamon, so I just piled it on. I'll have to try it with maple syrup sometime.

    ReplyDelete