Monday, July 15, 2013

Raspberry Chipotle Marinaded Chicken

Once again, it's been a while since I last updated my blog.  A lot has been going on in my life, so I apologize if some of my posts are a month late on here.  This recipe comes from Penzey's.  It comes from a person named Fran Timme.  The marinade is very versatile, it can also be used on pork tenderloin or pork chops.  Since I don't eat pork I couldn't tell you how it turns out on it.  It did turn out very well though on my chicken.  It was sweet and a little spicy but not overly sweet or spicy, it was just right. 

Here's what you'll need:
  • 1/2 cup raspberry vinegar or wine vinegar (I used wine)
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 5 tablespoons Raspberry Enlightenment (Penzeys)
  • 5 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon (I used regular Penzeys, but the recipe calls for Vietnamese Cinnamon)
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon Penzeys Minced Garlic or 1 clove fresh garlic (I just used granulated garlic)
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon Penzeys Pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon Regular Mustard Powder
Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.  Pour over 3-4 lbs. of your meat of choice and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. 
Grill the meat to your desired level of doneness over medium high heat. 
We live in a one bedroom apartment, so we have no real girll.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment