Here's what you'll need for the cookies and the topping:
- 1 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill All-Purpose Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- 1 cup sugar (If you want to keep it vegan buy "evaporated cane juice")
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil or canola oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan gluten-free chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons mint extract (I would use less, maybe 1 1/2 tablespoons)
Bake for 7 minutes, rotate the baking sheets, and bake for 7 minutes more. Let stand on the baking sheets for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the chocolate chips and mint extract in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir until the chocolate chips are just melted. Do not overcook. Remove from heat. Dunk the top of each cookie into the melted chocolate or spread it over them (I found the latter easier). Refrigerate the cookies for 30 minutes on a platter, or until the chocolate sets.