Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Strawberry Power Pina Colada Smoothie

This was my breakfast this morning, and it was delicious, I didn't even need to add agave nectar, honey, or stevia to make it sweet.  My husband bought me Paleo Cooking from Elana's Pantry by Elana Amsterdam about a month ago.  She's also the author of the Gluten-Free Cupcakes and Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook, as well as a food blogger of www.elanaspantry.com

At first I wasn't sure what the paleo diet was, but apparently it is a gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and legume-free diet.  The diet also avoids processed food, but we all should avoid those type of foods.  Anyway, this recipe has a lot of coconut ingredients, but I honestly didn't taste any of it.  It wasn't an overwhelming flavor, you taste the pineapple and strawberries more.  It also called for egg white protein powder, but I just used my rice protein powder instead. 

Here's what you'll need:
  • 3/4 cup bottled coconut water
  • 1/2 cup coconut milk
  • 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
  • 1 cup frozen or fresh strawberries ( I used fresh to avoid brain freeze.)
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil, at room temperature
  • 1/4 cup or 1 serving of rice protein powder (I used the vanilla flavored one by NutriBiotic.)
Puree in a blender and enjoy! Serves two just in case you wanted to know.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment